Our AI writing assistant, WriteUp, can assist you in easily writing any text. Click here to experience its capabilities.
Topology Without Tears by Sidney A. Morris
This article discusses the book "Topology Without Tears" by Sidney A. Morris. The book is available in English, with partial translations into Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Korean, Persian, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. There are also ten short videos available to accompany the book. These videos expand on material in the book, and cover topics such as writing proofs in mathematics. There is also a facebook group called "Topology Without Tears Readers" where readers of the book can communicate with each other.
What is the book "Topology Without Tears" about?
The book "Topology Without Tears" is about topology.
Who wrote the book "Topology Without Tears"?
Sidney A. Morris wrote the book "Topology Without Tears".
What languages is the book "Topology Without Tears" available in?
The book "Topology Without Tears" is available in English, Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Korean, Persian, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
What are the videos about?
The videos are about writing proofs in mathematics.
Where can readers of the book "Topology Without Tears" communicate with each other?
Readers of the book "Topology Without Tears" can communicate with each other on the facebook group "Topology Without Tears Readers".
👍 This is a great book for those who want to learn topology. The author has done a great job of making the material accessible and providing helpful videos to accompany the text.
👎 This book is not for those who are looking for an easy introduction to topology. The author assumes a certain level of mathematical maturity and the book is quite dense.
Me: It's about a book that's been translated into multiple languages.
Friend: That's cool. I didn't know you could do that with a book.
Me: Yeah, it's pretty neat. The author also made videos to go along with the book.
Friend: That's really cool. I might have to check it out.
- Watch the videos mentioned in the article.
- Join the "Topology Without Tears Readers" facebook group.
- Do not ask others to solve your homework problems in the facebook group.
- a branch of mathematics that deals with the properties of space that are preserved under continuous deformations, such as stretching, twisting, crumpling, and bending, but not tearing or gluing.
- Infinite set theory
- the study of infinite sets, which are sets with an infinite number of elements.
- a mathematical object consisting of a finite or infinite sequence of elements, each of which is assigned a unique index.
- a generalization of sequences, in which the elements are not required to be assigned consecutive indices.
- Writing proofs
- a method of mathematical reasoning in which a statement is proven by deriving it from other statements that are assumed to be true.