Our AI writing assistant, WriteUp, can assist you in easily writing any text. Click here to experience its capabilities.
Flapjax: Data Visualization on the Web with Plotly and Flask
What is the best framework for creating Data Visualisation apps?
The best framework for creating Data Visualisation apps is Streamlit, Dash, Mercury, or Voila.
What is the minimal framework used to create web applications in Python?
The minimal framework used to create web applications in Python is Flask.
What is the structure of an interactive app?
The structure of an interactive app is that the Python part executes on the server and passes data to the HTML which is running in the browser.
What is Flapjax and why is it called this?
Flapjax is a way of creating interactive applications using a fair amount of boilerplate code and templates. It is called this because it is a combination of Flask and Plotly.
How does the Python code and HTML interact in the app?
The Python code and HTML interact in the app by the user input from the web page being passed back to the Python code which may then send more data to update the HTML with new content.
👍 This article does a great job of explaining how we can use Python, Flask, and HTML to create interactive and compelling web applications. It also provides a helpful diagram to illustrate the process.
👎 The article is missing details on how to actually implement the code and build the web page.
Me: It's about Flapjax, a data visualisation web page with Plotly and Flask. It looks at how to create an interactive app in Python using Flask.
Friend: Interesting. What are the implications of this article?
- Research the different frameworks for building data visualisation apps and decide which one is best for your project.
- Experiment with different data visualisation techniques using Plotly and Flask to create compelling visuals.
- Flapjax is a term coined by the author to refer to the process of building a data visualization web page with Plotly and Flask.
- Plotly is a data visualization library for creating interactive charts, graphs, and other visualizations.
- Flask is a minimalist web framework for developing web applications. It is used to create the web page from a template and data supplied by the Python code.
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is a markup language used to create web pages.
- Mercury is a tool for converting Jupyter Notebooks into web apps.
- Voila is a tool for converting Jupyter Notebooks into interactive web apps.