Our AI writing assistant, WriteUp, can assist you in easily writing any text. Click here to experience its capabilities.
'Female athletes not sanskari enough…?': Mahua Moitra's dig at BJP's ‘saases, bahus’
Trinamool Congress MP Mahua Moitra took a dig at women leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party for allegedly maintaining "silence" over the wrestlers' protest issue. Moitra has extended support to top wrestlers who are protesting at New Delhi's Jantar Mantar against Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president and BJP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh alleging sexual exploitations by him. Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra expressed solidarity with the protesting wrestlers and accused the government of "protecting" Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh. Meanwhile, Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president PT Usha criticized the wrestlers for protesting, saying it amounts to "indiscipline" and "tarnishing India's image".
What did Mahua Moitra take a dig at women leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party for?
Mahua Moitra took a dig at women leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party for allegedly maintaining "silence" over the wrestlers' protest issue.
What did Mahua Moitra ask about Indian Olympic Association president PT Usha?
Mahua Moitra asked whether the damaging allegations against a lawmaker of the ruling party and the Delhi Police's refusal to register a case “makes India smell of roses".
What did Priyanka Gandhi Vadra demand for the protesting wrestlers?
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra demanded that the copy of FIRs filed on Friday must be shared with the wrestlers as they do not know what sections of the Indian Penal Code have been applied.
What did PT Usha say about the protesting wrestlers?
PT Usha said that the wrestlers staging protest on streets amounts to indiscipline and it is tarnishing the image of India.
What did Mahua Moitra call for with regards to the Wrestling Federation of India president?
Mahua Moitra called for the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) chief's ouster from the post so that he is unable to "exert pressure" on the wrestlers and hamper their careers.
👍 The article highlights the importance of standing up for female athletes, and is an important reminder of the need to protect those who are vulnerable to exploitation.
👎 The article fails to provide any solutions to solve the issue of exploitation of female athletes, leaving the readers with no options to take action.
Me: It's about Mahua Moitra, a Trinamool Congress MP, taking a dig at the BJP's female leaders for their silence on the issue of wrestlers protesting against Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president and BJP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh. She even accused Smriti Irani of not standing up for female athletes and asked if they aren't 'sanskari' enough for her to care.
Friend: Wow, that's pretty bold of her. What do you think the implications of this article are?
Me: Well, it's a pretty direct attack on the BJP's female leaders and their lack of action on this issue. It's also a commentary on the silence of powerful women in India when it comes to issues that affect their gender. This article is a reminder that many powerful women in India are often complicit in perpetuating gender-based discrimination. It brings to light the need for women in positions of power to take a stand against such injustices and to challenge the patriarchal systems that have been in place for so long.
- Reach out to local female athletes and ask them about their experiences in the sport.
- Write a letter to your local representatives expressing your support for female athletes and demanding better protection for them.
- Donate to organizations that are working to promote gender equality in sports.
- Mahua Moitra
- Mahua Moitra is an Indian politician and Member of Parliament in the Lok Sabha from the Trinamool Congress.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is an Indian right-wing political party. It is the largest political party in India and the world's largest party in terms of primary membership.
- Saases and Bahus
- Saases and Bahus are terms used to refer to the mothers and daughters-in-law of a family in India.
- Sanskari is a term used to describe someone who follows the traditional values and customs of Indian culture.
- The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) is the governing body for the sport of wrestling in India.
- PT Usha
- PT Usha is an Indian athlete and a nominated Rajya Sabha member.
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra is an Indian politician and the general secretary of the Indian National Congress.
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) is the governing body of sports in India.
- The Indian Penal Code (IPC) is the main criminal code of India.