Our AI writing assistant, WriteUp, can assist you in easily writing any text. Click here to experience its capabilities.
Child killer’s eerie last words before execution revealed
David Santiago Renteria, 53, was convicted and sentenced to death in 2003 for the brutal murder and kidnapping of five-year-old Alexandra Flores in 2001. Renteria was executed by lethal injection on November 16 and spoke his final words, including "I forgive you" to those who called for his death. Alexandra's family and Renteria's family were present, along with El Paso Country Sheriff, Richard Wiles, and former police chief Carlos Leon. Renteria had previously been convicted and sentenced to 20 years in prison for indecency with a child in El Paso. He maintained his innocence throughout the years and appealed the death penalty multiple times. His execution marks the 8th in Texas this year and 23 in the US.
What were the final words of the child killer before his execution?
The child killer's final words before his execution were "And for those who have called for my death, who are about to murder me: I forgive you."
How was the five-year-old girl brutally murdered?
The five-year-old girl was strangled to death and then her body was set on fire in an attempt to destroy any evidence of the crime.
What was the reaction of the victim's family and law enforcement officials to the execution?
The victim's family and law enforcement officials expressed their support of the execution and relief that justice had been served.
What prior criminal incident was the child killer convicted of?
The child killer was previously convicted and sentenced to 20 years in prison for indecency with a child in El Paso.
How did the child killer lure the five-year-old girl away from the toy aisle in the Walmart department store?
It is unknown how the child killer lured the five-year-old girl away from the toy aisle in the Walmart department store.
👍 Renteria's final words of forgiveness show immense strength of character and a powerful example of the power of forgiveness.
👎 Renteria's execution is a tragedy, and the senseless death of a five-year-old girl is heartbreaking.
Me: It's about a man who was executed after being convicted of brutally murdering a five-year-old girl. His final words before he was put to death have shocked the world.
Friend: Wow. That's really sad. What were his last words?
Me: He said, "And for those who have called for my death, who are about to murder me: I forgive you." It's really disturbing, but also speaks to the power of forgiveness even in the most difficult of circumstances. The implications of this are that, even in the face of death, we all have the capacity to forgive and seek redemption. It's a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there is still hope.
- Reach out to local law enforcement and governmental officials to learn more about the death penalty and its implications.
- Research the victim’s family and their experience with the crime and its aftermath.
- Connect with organizations that provide support to victims of violent crimes and their families.
- Execution Chamber
- A room in a prison where a death sentence is carried out.
- Lethal Injection
- A method of execution in which a lethal dose of a drug is injected into the body of the condemned person.
- Capital Murder
- A crime punishable by death, usually involving the premeditated killing of another person.
- A wheeled stretcher used to transport patients in a hospital or prison.
- Ysleta del Sur Pueblo
- A federally recognized Native American tribe in Texas.
- Indecency with a Child
- A crime involving sexual contact with a minor.