Our AI writing assistant, WriteUp, can assist you in easily writing any text. Click here to experience its capabilities.
Billionaire Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest buys Akubra brand with ex-wife
Billionaire Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest and his ex-wife Nicola have bought iconic Australian hat brand Akubra in a multimillion-dollar deal, after 147 years of ownership by the Keir family. The Forrests now plan to bring Akubra hats to the rest of the world while remaining Australian owned. This deal marks the third major Australian brand taken over by the Forrests, following the purchase of R.M Williams and a stake in Bega cheese. Andrew and Nicola Forrest have recently announced their separation, but plan to continue their business and philanthropic endeavours together.
Who recently purchased the iconic Australian hat brand Akubra?
Billionaire business tycoons Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest and his ex-wife Nicola recently purchased the iconic Australian hat brand Akubra.
How long has the Keir family owned Akubra?
The Keir family has owned Akubra for five generations, or 147 years.
What was the last major Australian brand purchased by the Forrest family?
The last major Australian brand purchased by the Forrest family was the famed boot brand R.M Williams.
How much was the RM Williams brand purchased by the Forrests for three years ago?
The RM Williams brand was purchased by the Forrests for almost $200 million three years ago.
What is the estimated value of the Akubra sale?
The estimated value of the Akubra sale is expected to be in the ballpark of – but not exceeding – the $190 million Tattarang paid for RM Williams three years ago.
👍 It is fantastic to see the iconic Akubra brand being taken over by billionaires Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest and his ex-wife Nicola. It is heartwarming to see the Keir family's loyalty to the brand for five generations and the hope that the Forrests will take Akubra to the next level.
👎 It is concerning to see yet another major Aussie brand being absorbed into the Forrests billion-dollar empire, with the Akubra takeover adding to the list of the family's business and philanthropic endeavours. This could have a negative impact on the Australian identity and the brand's global presence.
Me: It's about billionaire Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest and his ex-wife Nicola buying the iconic Australian hat brand Akubra. It's been in the same family for 147 years!
Friend: Wow, that's a huge deal! What are the implications of this?
Me: Well, it shows that Australian-owned businesses are still strong despite the competition they face from international companies. It's also a sign that Forrest and his ex-wife Nicola are serious about investing in Australian companies and preserving their national identity. It will be interesting to see what their plans are for Akubra and what changes they will bring to the company.
- Research the history of Akubra and the Keir family to gain a better understanding of the brand and its significance in Australia.
- Follow the Forrest family's business ventures to see how they are using their wealth to invest in Australian companies.
- Consider the implications of the Forrest's separation on their business and philanthropic endeavours, and how it may affect their future investments.
- A person whose net worth is in the billions of dollars.
- A wealthy and powerful businessperson or investor.
- A deal involving millions of dollars.
- The craft of making hats.
- A person of high rank or importance.
- Attractive or pleasing in appearance.
- The short, soft hair of certain animals.
- Essential or necessary.
- Put on or wear (clothing).
- A sudden and surprising event or piece of news.
- The process of taking in or incorporating something.
- Representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class.
- Refusing to talk about something.
- An approximate figure or range.
- Surpass or outshine (someone or something).
- A person's first public appearance or performance.
- With tears in one's eyes.
- Move or cause to move from one place to another.